Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Inspiration

My inspirations come from an assortment of places, like anyone else. I believe inspiration can come to anyone at any place at any time. However, a few of my inspirations come from a book called "The Masters of Illusion" that I got as present from my art teacher. I absolutely love illusions and crazy perspectives in art. It's conventional art in a non conventional way. I also enjoy art that is incorporated into every day things, like murals and chalk drawings. As I began to look through my book, I found 2 artists that completely blew me away with their illusions. They are John Pugh (who does trompe l'oeil murals) and Julian Beever (who does crazy intense chalk drawings. I really try to use the styles of Pugh and Beever in most of my art...whether it be painting murals, or drawing on the ground. But I try use their incredible ability of perspective drawing as a basis for any art project i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment